Tuesday, March 17, 2015

DIY Infinity Scarf

A while back I picked up this wonderful 1970's poly blend fabric.  It was $0.25 for 2 1/2 yards at my local thrift store.  I have been itching to turn it into a scarf and I finally did!
I wanted to make something quick and easy.  It took me about 15 minutes.  Here's how you can do it too!

What you will need:
  • 2 1/2 yards of stretchy fabric
  • Coordinating thread
  • Sewing machine  
  • Scissors
  • Pins
How to do it:
1. Cut a piece of fabric 2 1/2 yards x 1 yard
2. Fold right sides together length wise and pin along the edge.
3. Sew the pinned edge together and then flip the fabric right side out.
4. Pin the two openings of the tube right sides together. You won't be able to pin the whole thing.  Do  as much as you can and sew it up
5.You may hand stitch the remaining opening for a tidy finish or just stitch it up with your machine.  


No comments:

Post a Comment